RGC Jenkins & Co was founded in 1937 in Chancery Lane, London, located near to the Silver Vaults and Intellectual Property Office. The firm grew significantly over the years and moved to Fetter Lane in the 1980s; outgrowing that and moving to our current head office location in Caxton Street, London in 1987.
RGC Jenkins & Co was founded in 1937 and celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2017.
In 1992 RGC Jenkins & Co was proud to be awarded the Queens Award for Export Achievement and continues to win awards for its work in the fields of Patents, Trade Marks and Designs.
Initially based in Chancery Lane, near to the Silver Vaults and IPO, the firm moved to Fetter Lane in the 1980s and then Caxton Street in 1987.
In 2003 the firm opened an office in Munich close to the European Patent Office (EPO), when Felix Rummler rejoined Jenkins, having first qualified with Jenkins in the UK as a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Trade Mark & Design Attorney and moved to Germany to further qualify as a Patentanwalt (German Patent Attorney). The office enables our attorneys to easily represent our global clients at hearings and to work more closely with German businesses.
2003 also saw the first ever Community Design filed by David Musker, who later the same year became the first ever patent attorney to appear pro-bono before an English Patent Court Judge. David retired as a partner at the end of 2015, but remains as a consultant at the firm working alongside our partners, particularly in the area of designs.
In 2012, the firm opened an office in Beijing to be more accessible to our Chinese clients. The firm also opened an office in Farnham to serve clients based in the South East of England.
The firm was originally founded by Friedrich Thalmann in the 1930s in Denzlingen, close to Freiburg.
In the early 1960s the firm moved to a new office in the Stadtstraße in Freiburg and Hans Schmitt joined the firm as a patent attorney. Soon after Wolfgang Maucher joined the team, and lent his name to the firm.
In the 1970s Hans Schmitt and Wolfgang Maucher took over as partners. Shortly afterwards the firm moved into to a new residence in Dreikönigstraße 13 in Freiburg.
In 1986 lawyer and patent attorney Henrich Börjes-Pestalozza joined the firm and became a name partner in 1989, expanding the firm's services to include the fields of industrial property rights, copyright law and all related aspects of law.
The firm's continuous growth required a further move into much bigger offices into Urachstraße 23 in Freiburg in 2006. Since the early 2000s the firm has been operating in all technology areas.
In 2012 RGC Jenkins & Co and Maucher Börjes joined forces in Germany as Maucher Börjes Jenkins.
In September 2016, RGC Jenkins & Co and Maucher Börjes Jenkins combined to become Maucher Jenkins. The newly merged firm was launched at the 2016 AIPPI World Congress in Milan that year. The firm's Anglo-German capabilities and reach across two of the most important European markets and jurisdictions formed the foundation for a new stage of growth, with a continuing emphasis on the highest quality in both legal services and client care.
The firm's growth continues into new markets. In 2013, we opened an office in Basel, Switzerland, and in 2016, we opened satellite offices in Cambridge and Edinburgh to better serve our clients in and around those locations.
We now have a total of 15 partners based across our offices, with expertise in all aspects of intellectual property law and IP dispute resolution. We look with confidence to a successful future serving our clients and safeguarding their valuable rights.
Get in touch
Please leave this field blank